1. Read the overviews of NIC and NOC by clicking the links provided on the main page by visiting the Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness at URL: http://www.nursing.uiowa.edu/excellence/nursing_knowledge/clinical_effectiveness/index.htm
2. Review the Intervention Labels and Definitions Document
3. Briefly describe a recent encounter with a patient in your clinical experience and find and describe at least 4 interventions you used in this encounter from the list of 542 nursing interventions provided within the above mentioned document.
4. Review the NANDA-I Taxonomy of Nursing Diagnoses Document Also, find your NANDA diagnoses for your Clinical Encounter. Also review the following and determine the outcomes that were achieved: Outcome Labels and Definitions Document
5. Finally imagine that the NIC was implemented in your practice setting tomorrow. How would the use of such as system help nurses to define and document nursing practice? What are the advantages to such a system? What are the disadvantages/barriers to such a system? Who among your colleagues would embrace such a system? Who might be resistant? Why?