Psychological Case Study Analysis
Develop a psychological case analysis portfolio of a company or non-profit organization. You will apply the cumulative academic knowledge from this course to a real-world scenario. The portfolio will give you a professional work sample that can be presented at a job interview or referenced in a doctoral application. You should include illustrations drawn from print marketing, video/advertising clips, company website pages, interviews, evidence of viral marketing via social networking sites, news clips, annual report finance data, etc.
Cumulatively, the portfolio will demonstrate your mastery of psychology theory and research to:
• A value-added interpretation and evaluation of the organization’s brand identity and a marketing/advertising campaign.
• Organizational and leadership impacts on consumer relationship management during change in brand and business strategy.
• Make informed recommendations to the organization selected.
• A 7-8 single-spaced paper written in academic APA style. Include graphics and illustrations in an appendix. Your grade will in part be based on the writing quality of the paper.
More detailed instructions are in the table below.
Criteria for the Company/Organization Chosen for the Portfolio
The organization must fulfill the following criteria:
• An organization that has been in existence for at least 5 years or alternatives with permission. It can be a product or service company, government/international entity, or a non-profit organization.
• The organization has had to respond to a critical change impacting its targeted consumer. The change might be driven internally by the company for strategic reasons (e.g., competition, mergers). The change might be externally driven by changing economic factors (e.g., local or global), political circumstances (e.g., government regulation) or a crisis incident (safety recall, natural disaster). It does NOT have to be a crisis, this is just one example of a situation that drives change.
• There are sufficient examples of marketing, research, decision-making, business leadership/strategy, and financial outcomes to be illustrated and written about.
• See the last page for examples and exclusions.